Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Box

WOW!! There is less than 48 hours until Chris and I leave for what might be the biggest and most important meet of our lives. The Olympic Trials marks the beginning of a life long dream for some and is the last stepping stone before the Olympics. While some will arrive at the meet with the goal of making the U.S. Olympic Team, I am choosing to embrace the experience with different goals and the determination to make it my meet. Each swimmer at the Trials has earned their own time in what i like to call "Your Box". For each event whether it be the mile or the 50 free, that individual will have time to prove him or herself to the world. You have two lane lines and two walls. For me, I have a little over 1 minute to show the world not only who I am but what Bolles is. While at the meet I hope not only to represent the team well but also learn from some of the best athletes in the world. I look forward to sharing my experiences over the next week with everyone.

No comments: